Quality Improvement Officer – Philippines
ICAP at Columbia University Targeted programmatic support in countries under the Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria under PEPFAR (PSA) is a program that provides technical assistance (TA) and capacity building support to the Ministry of Health, in collaboration with key stakeholders and local partners in the Central Visayas (VII) and Western Visayas regions (VI) of the Philippines.
Under the supervision of the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (with technical guidance and direction from the Prevention, Care and Treatment Manager), the Quality Improvement (QI) Manager will be responsible for the management/implementation of all QA activities as well as training, mentoring, supportive supervision and other technical assistance activities. He/she will provide continuous quality improvement (CQI) and data use support to project technical staff. He/She will facilitate the collection, collation, analysis of program data and assist in the use of data for quality improvement, design quality improvement plans and lead its implementation. The QI Officer, through his/her supervisor, will work with ICAP NY Headquarters, CDC, implementing partners, and DOH agencies/offices to ensure that the clinical care services of the HIV are aligned with acceptable professional standards and the mission and vision of the DOH.
- Provide practical knowledge transfer to facility staff and collaborating stakeholders on how to use CQI methods to improve clinical outcomes.
- Responsible for the day-to-day implementation, monitoring and evaluation of quality improvement initiatives in the region through active collaboration with designated focal points of supported facilities and in close collaboration with the regional DOH .
- Build capacity of facility, provincial and regional staff to ensure standardization of CQI implementation.
- Support CQI initiatives at the site level with quality assessment, development and implementation of improvement plans, through ongoing mentorship visits and in close collaboration with regional DOH.
- Establish structures for the delivery of CQI activities at the facility, provincial and regional level, including CQI management systems, teams, meetings, champions and dashboards for the audiences concerned.
- Train, train and coach facility QA teams to institutionalize and regularly update paper and digital dashboards to visualize results and outcomes of QA projects initiated to optimize program performance.
- Work with Data Clerks and other project teams to perform data quality checks and regular data quality assessments to ensure the accuracy, validity, and completeness of service-related data HIV from all data sources.
- Supervise and support mentors, data clerks and facility M&E staff in improving the quality of HIV data, analyzing and interpreting data, and using data for performance review and IQC. Monitor progress against project goals and the HIV care cascade (95-95-95) through monthly facility data reviews and quarterly project reviews.
- Provide progress reports and participate in ICAP, DOH and stakeholder review meetings.
- Lead the design, implementation and evaluation of the QI for GSM project in collaboration with CDC and other partners.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of projects and the development of the work plan
- Document QA for GSM project training and technical assistance activities and help produce and disseminate technical reports, guides, manuals, success stories and other written materials.
- Facilitate and ensure clear, regular, and systematic communication and collaboration among donors, DOH, and all other project stakeholders in order to achieve QIC project objectives at the national level.
- Develop and update training and technical assistance activities related to the project, including but not limited to: assisting in the design, delivery and management of QA for GSM training, workshops and any capacity building initiatives.
- Provide hands-on leadership as well as virtual support for face-to-face training and workshop sessions, on-site QA coaching and evaluation, training sessions, workshops, webinars and other training projects.
- Partner with M&E staff for the development of M&E systems, including the development of indicators, data collection tools and SOPs, data management systems, quality assurance policies and procedures for data, review and analysis of data.
- Prepare data related to quality improvement for presentation to a wide range of audiences.
- Lead the development, preparation and evaluation of training materials (learning objectives, syllabi, lesson plans, slide decks, case studies, etc.)
- Travel to supported facilities as needed to help develop the knowledge and skills needed to plan, manage and monitor CQI standards
- Perform other assigned duties
Advanced degree in medicine, public health, nursing or related field (MPH or PhD) including experience and/or exposure and skills in quality improvement, education, training and/or global health.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience and demonstrated expertise in implementing health programs in low-resource international settings
- Minimum 3 years of relevant quality improvement activities in low-resource settings
- Demonstrated experience in synthesizing and disseminating quality improvement best practices and lessons learned to government officials, implementers and key stakeholders
- Fluency in English, Filipino and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated talent in writing technical content and training materials
- Experience working with complex programs involving short deadlines and multiple tasks, coordinating with multiple partners to achieve program results
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening CQI and supportive oversight processes with government partners in their respective regions.
- Experience in global HIV/AIDS programs strongly preferred
- Demonstrated competence in systems design, project management, quality and results improvement techniques
- Demonstrated competence in the design, delivery and evaluation of competency-based training
- Experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of distance education
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Filipino national
- Fluent in English and Filipino
- National travel to project/partner sites as needed.
How to register
To apply, click on the link below and follow the instructions: