Senior PHP / WordPress Developer Job, Johannesburg
|Remuneration:||R50000 – R60000 per month of base salary|
|The employment level:||Senior|
A niche digital agency seeks the skills and expertise of a PHP developer – with qualifications to join their team as soon as possible. This position is at a senior level and at least six to eight years of experience in a similar position will be required – within an agency.
As the PHP developer, you will take on a range of tasks and responsibilities:
- Front-end web development (theme) and back-end development experience
- Strong knowledge of common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Experience in developing websites and / or web applications
- Experience with responsive and adaptive web design and UX capabilities
- Create custom sites using Sass CSS preprocessing and update existing projects
- Create custom websites using NodeJS
- Achieve the integration of the final product
- Knowledge of functional programming and PHP
- Updating website information to JSON
- Experience with WordPress (writing themes and plugins)
- Integrate third-party APIs
- Ability to understand compatibility requirements between browsers and platforms
- Adobe programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Practical experience with the following: Java Server Pages, Java, XML, PHP
- Ability to convert a complete layout and wireframes into a functional HTML page
- Knowledge of working with a source control system such as Git
- Practical knowledge will be required for WordPress (Elementor and WP Bakery)
- Experience in developing mobile applications on Android, iOS or Windows Phone
- Architect, build and maintain excellent clean code
- Must be fully computer literate on Apple Mac
- Google Analytics configuration may be required to track performance of key metrics
- Must have a degree in computer science or a related field
- Have at least six to eight years of agency experience
- Balance sheet and stable references
- Well spoken, excellent etiquette, well presented
- Work under deadline pressure and meet deadlines
Your application should include:
- A copy of your CV
- A copy of your web portfolio (featuring links to projects or websites you have designed / developed).
Please only apply if you have relevant experience as per our job posting. Our client doesn’t have the capacity to train anyone – you have to get to work.
Your application will be forwarded to our team of recruitment consultants and if your skills and experience match our client’s recruiting needs, we will contact you within 96 hours.
If you have not heard from us, please consider your application for this position unsuccessful.
Posted on Aug 17, 10:17 AM