WordPress plugin: Your own online store with WooCommerce
For years, WordPress has been the most successful CMS, expanding its areas of application with the help of plugins. A very successful extension is WooCommerce, with which you can integrate a store into your CMS. According to WordPress statistics, there are now over five million active installations of this plugin. This is also reflected in the usage statistics. The BuiltWith website shows in statistics that over 29% of the top 1,000,000 e-commerce websites are operated with WordPress and WooCommerce.
If you’ve also considered integrating your own store into your WordPress site, in this workshop we’ll show you what to look out for.
Perform the basic installation
From a WordPress point of view, WooCommerce is a completely normal plugin that is best installed through the official plugin directory. You can either install WooCommerce as a new website or integrate it with an existing site. Among the technical requirements, the plugin requires WordPress version 5.3 or higher and at least PHP 7.0. It has already been tested and approved by the developers under the current version 5.6.
- Access to all heise + content
- proprietary testing, advice and history: independent, well-founded
- Read c’t, iX, MIT Technology Review, Mac & i, Make, c’t photography directly in your browser
- register once – read on all devices – can be canceled monthly
- first month free, then â¬ 12.95 per month
- Weekly newsletter with personal reading recommendations from the editor-in-chief
Start the month FREE
Start your FREE month now
Already subscribed to heise +?
Sign up and read
Register now and read the articles right away
More information about heise +
Disclaimer: This article is generated from the feed and is not edited by our team.